We live in a connected world, for sure. Even those who don’t want, won’t escape to changes, they feel, live or suffer. When, how, which ways? Where from, why? New generations can explain because they live in and are confronted to old school and traditional rules, they even sometimes, can’t understand. Codes, habits, rules…How imagine the world in such situations and understand the wealthy mix we can draw benefits from and hold the main direction to sustain the daily life?
I was thinking of writing in last centuries: from stones, to paper, wrting styles and ink, and printers…then digital writing and contents…Such situation meant slow shifts (as we stare technology revolutions go faster and faster), but we will be confronted in a future, where nobody will write anymore, one day…because of the huge invasion of digital supports, we won’t be using pens, stencils and so on, anymore…And at school, nobody will learn writing anymore, because “use” would have disappeared? It’s part of something that hurts me in fact…Living without knowing any letter or figure to write, because keypads or vocal systems would replace them…?
Weird, but not really far from reality…
I started a whole reflection with connectivity effects on “business”…with :
1) the ways it does…:
- Competition insights, sourcing innovation, ideas or best practices?
- The Impacts on collaboration and collaborative circles?
- The way the world is connected and then, how to use marketplaces to reduce time, effort and delay on sourcing information?
- Sourcing/buying 2.0?
- Producing with benefits of connected technologies: reducing wastes, errors and returns, thriving simulations
- Delivering: accuracy, reliance and relevance of supply chain
- Launching and buzzing: hot to get the word before start…
- Sales: virtual efficiency, mixed models of distribution (stores and e-business, m-business, social shopping and recommendation…
2) the effects on resources:
- How to manage resources (people, time, schedules and machines) in a connected world?
- HR implementation with social networks (pro and personal platforms, dealing with synergies)?
- New opportunities on live work: always connected, live, home…
3) the outputs/outcomes driven:
- Loyalty, but reactivity and sensibility: CRM, SRM, CEM…concepts that drive customers motivations and feedback
- Communities, branding, e-reputation: how to solve the equation of truth and trust?
- Marketing rules and new ways of improvement: who is the product manager, now?
- Effects on life cycle of products, brands and relation: shortening delay without throwing the essential
I hope some bright ideas will surge and converge to identify a simple plan and path, to drive new business and companies, in this ocean of opportunities. As we accept opportunities more than threats and open our minds to change the cards and adapt enough our perception and abilities to do so…
First step to come, stay tuned for “the way it does”